Are you about to embark on a new Ecommerce website project? Want to know the key features your visitors expect to see?
User experience and trust are key items to consider when it comes to running a successful online shop. You need to make it easy for people to find what they want, and you need to instil trust to eliminate the barrier to purchase.
The guys at WebAlive have created the infographic below with some key features that will help you achieve this.
The key ways they share to aid user experience are:
- Easy to use navigation – make sure your products can be found from the home page.
- Search bar – make sure visitors can find specific products using your search bar.
- Clearly visible account and cart links – make it easy for visitors to checkout.
- Accessible FAQ’s, delivery and returns info – make it easy for visitors to find the information they need before they make a purchase.
- Product filtering – allow visitors to filter by price, colour or any other applicable variation.
- Related products – let customers know when something goes with the product they are looking at.
And to instil trust here’s what they recommend:
- SSL – Make sure your site runs across https so that visitors know their details are secure.
- About page – Let people see you are a real company with real people.
- Card icons – Make sure visitors know how they can pay you.
- Refund policy – Put visitors at ease that if they aren’t happy with their purchase that they can return it if necessary.
- Contact details – If something goes wrong visitors will want to know they can contact you quickly and easily.
There’s plenty more in this infographic below!