Do you run, or are you considering starting, an Ecommerce website? Want to keep up with the trends likely to affect your online shop in the years to come?
Shopify share the stats you need to know in this infographic.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Global Retail Ecommerce Sales Will Reach $4.5 Trillion by 2021
- Global B2B Ecommerce Sales Dominate B2C
- Retail Ecommerce’s Global Spread Makes International Sales Non-Negotiable
- The Centre of Ecommerce Has Moved Beyond the Western World
- Domestic Shoppers Look Beyond their Borders When They Go Online
- Fair Business, Advertising, and Marketing Practices Are Nearly Universal
- Ecommerce Expansion Typically Follows a Three-Stage Global Path
- Online Payment Preferences Vary Around the World
- Most Shoppers Won’t Purchase from a Site That’s Not in Their Language or Currency
- International Warehouse and Fulfillment Partners Should Be Chosen Carefully
Check out the infographic for more detail.
Mark is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Website Design, a low cost web design and internet marketing company based in the UK.