So, you’re trying to learn SEO and improve your website’s ranking on Google, but you’re reading conflicting advice about the processes you should follow?
Structured SEO share their explanation for some of the most common SEO myths in this infographic.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Higher the content-length, better the rankings
- New links should improve your rankings, else they are bad and must be removed
- Metrics claimed by SEO tools are accurate / trustworthy
- It’s necessary to submit every blog post you publish via fetch as google in search console
- Never work on a niche with medium to high competition
- Believing in a guaranteed #1 ranking claim
- Religiously following everything mentioned in the official webmaster central blog
- SEO is dead
Check out the infographic for more detail.
Mark is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Website Design, a low cost web design and internet marketing company based in the UK.