So, you know visitors want your site to be secure, you know Google provides a small ranking boost for sites that have SSL, but how to you migrate without affecting your SEO?
PageTraffic share their guide to switching to HTTPS in this infographic.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Get a security certificate
- Update every HTTP reference to HTTPS
- Update external links and redirects
- Make sure your site loads HTTPS by default
- Activate HSTS
- Activate OCSP
- Use HTTP/2
- Update required settings
- Update Google Search Console
- Update Google Analytics
- Scan your site for unsecure content
Check out the infographic for more detail.
Mark is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Website Design, a low cost web design and internet marketing company based in the UK.