So, you run your business website on WordPress, you’re worried about getting hacked, and you want to ensure you haven’t left your site open to an attack?
InnoThemes share the most common WordPress mistakes to avoid in this infographic.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Using the default admin as username
- Keeping -wp as your table prefix
- Ignoring CSS backup and whole site backup
- Creating too many categories and not enough tags
- Keeping deactivated plugins
- Approving spam comments
- Improperly changing URL’s
- Not rechecking after an update
- Keeping “index.php” in your link
- Revealing your site’s information publicly
Check out the infographic for more detail.
Mark is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Website Design, a low cost web design and internet marketing company based in the UK.