Would you like to improve the way you use colour within your marketing efforts? Want to better understand the properties and possibilities that can affect the way colour is seen?
Toptal share the colour theory basics you need to know in this infographic.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Colour is relative
- Hue impacts value
- Colour is psychological
- Unconventional colours stand out
- Colour has cultural significance
- Saturation affects vibrancy
- Simultaneous contrast is visually powerful
- Colour has a 60-30-10 rule
- The relationship between text and colour is crucial
- Colour accessibility can’t be ignored
- Any two colours can be harmonious
- Basic colour schemes are the best
Check out the infographic for more detail.
Mark is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Website Design, a low cost web design and internet marketing company based in the UK.