Are you investing in a link building campaign to improve your website’s SEO? Want to avoid the common link building mistakes that could lead to the downfall of your site?
Monitor Backlinks share the types of links that violate Google’s guidelines in this infographic.
Here’s what makes their list:
- Link exchanges
- Participating in blog networks
- Widget backlinks
- Paid links that pass PageRank
- Article directories
- Site-wide and footer backlinks
- Low distribution of anchor text
- Backlinks from foreign language websites
- Low-quality guest posting
- Backlinks that are automatically generated
- Low quality web directories
- Bookmark websites
- Irrelevant backlinks
- Backlinks from websites with duplicate and spun content
- Low quality backlinks
- Any link intended to manipulate PageRank
Check out the infographic for more detail.