Oberlo share the stats you need to know in this infographic.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Ecommerce sales are projected to increase from $4.9 trillion in 2021 to $6.4 trillion in 2024.
- Ecommerce penetration rates are forecast to increase from 15 percent in 2020 to 25 percent in 2025.
- By 2022, mobile commerce sales will rise to $3.79 trillion.
- Young consumers are driving the shift to online shopping. 67 percent have spent more money online than before the pandemic.
- Ecommerce features by Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok to boost the number of social shoppers.
- Green consumerism is on the rise due to environmental topics influencing buyers.
- 57 percent of consumers express a willingness to purchase from new and independent businesses for the first time.
- By 2022 over 120,000 stores will be using AR technologies offering a much richer buying experience.
- More than 50% of shoppers say a personalised experience online is important. 74% of marketers believe personalization has a “strong” or “extreme” impact on advancing customer relationships.
- The global image recognition market is set to hit $81.88 billion by 2026.
Check out the infographic for more detail.